Note: All alumni must produce IITMAA Alumni Card during Check-in. Kindly apply for one if you do not have a card.
IIT Madras Alumni Association can organise accommodation on campus at Taramani House for interested alumni and their family members.
Taramani Guest House has 83 rooms in total. Out of which 18 are Air-conditioned suites and 65 Air-conditioned rooms.
Charges - A/C Rooms & Suites
- Room (Single) - INR 800 (No GST)
- Room (Double) - INR 1000 (12% GST)
- Suite (Single) - INR 1500
- Suite (Double) - INR 2000
Check-in / out for 24 hrs and any part thereof will be treated as a day
Dining facility is also available at the TGH
- Zaitoon Opp. Sarasvati Hostel
- Supraba Canteen - Next to CCW Office [North & South Indian only Vegitarian]
- Sri Gurunath Near Himalaya Mess [pizza, chat, snacks, fresh juices and Hot Drinks]
- Cafe Coffee Day Near DoMS
- Staff Canteen & Food Court Opp. Institute Hospital
- Office : +91 (44) 2257 8450, 8449
- Entrance : +91 (44) 2257 8470
The Institute provides Bus transport to facilitate commuting within the campus. The Buses ply to and fro, every 20-30 minutes between the IN-Gate and Gajendra Circle(GC), Hostel Zone and Department Zone. The last bus leaving the Gate for the Hostel zone is at 10.20 pm.