IITMadras Alumni Association can organise accommodation on campus at Taramani House for interested alumni and their family members.
Taramani Guest House has 83 rooms in total. Out of which 18 are Air-condioned suites and 65 Air-conditioned rooms.
Lodging Charges - A/C Rooms & Suits
- Room (Single) - INR 800
- Room (Double) - INR 1000
- Suite (Single) - INR 1500
- Suite (Double) - INR 2000
Boarding charges :Rs.175/- per day /person and if availed.
Check in / out for 24 hrs and any part thereof will be treated as a day
Dining facility is also available at the TGH
- IRTC Canteen [North & South Indian]
- Sri Gurunath Patisserie [pizza, chat,snacks, fresh juices and Hot Drinks]
- Office : +91 (44) 2257 8450, 8449
- Entrance : +91 (44) 2257 8470
The Institute provides Bus transport to facilitate commuting within the campus. There are four regular buses and 10 battery-powered vehicles. These buses are named after mountain ranges & peaks in India. These Buses ply to and fro, every 20-30 minutes between the IN-Gate and Gajendra Circle(GC), Hostel Zone and Department Zone. The last bus leaving the Gate for the Hostel zone is at 10.20 pm.